Front Desk Supervisor
Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Reports to: General Manager
Typical Schedule: Tuesday thru Saturday, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., until 12 a.m. during slow periods
This position is responsible for the supervision of front desk operations; assisting guests upon check-in/out, processing reservations in a friendly, professional and timely manner, while following high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction. Effective supervision of front desk associates to ensure guest satisfaction, positive employee relations and achievement of overall financial results.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hotels and hospitality, preferably in a metropolitan or downtown setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- People Management and Coaching
- Customer Service
- Quality Focus
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Analyzing Information
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ensure company standards are followed and supervise the operations of the Front Desk of Hotel 340 to ensure compliance with SOP’s and maintaining a balanced focus between employee needs, guest requests, hotel mission and owner satisfaction
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
- Hires, trains, motivates, coaches and disciplines direct reports by setting goals & expectations, providing feedback, and rewarding positive momentum
- Assist with the resolution of customer complaints and concerns
- Responsible for running all day-to-day activities of the Front Desk with the guidance of the General Manager.
- Primary focus should be assisting the Front desk associates with check-ins, check-outs, and other general support functions. Maintain and promote exceptional customer service and personalizes experiences for guests during shifts at all times.
- Ensure that equipment at the Front Desk is in working order. Failure of Front Desk equipment needs to be reported immediately.
- Review all employee time-sheets at least twice a week for accuracy and control Front Desk Associates overtime.
- Prepares the schedule of the front desk to be posted at three weeks in advance
- Performs audit of direct billing weekly and submits to the General Manager for review
- Performs daily property inspection for cleanliness and assesses need for repairs
- Be familiar with day-to-day selling strategy of rooms.
- Have knowledge of any and all promotions and/or current program etc.
- Ensure that all information pertinent to the desk or related areas is passed on to the employees
- Monitor's guest feedback via in-house survey, online and social media and makes suggestions based on guest feedback and experiences
- Attends all department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must maintain a professional, neat, clean appearance and practice good personal hygiene
he Hotel 340 team offers a rewarding and exciting opportunity for you to join the industry's best hospitality crew in the Twin Cities. Apply above or submit your complete resume to Employment@Hotel340.com.